Wednesday, August 24, 2011

How Should the Party Look Like?

I haven't checked in with his dad yet on where he wants the party: In the garage and living area or in the terrace. I am thinking he might prefer it in the terrace. Anyway, there would only be minor tweaking anyway so it does not matter as much where the venue would be.

I was browsing through the net to get ideas on how to decorate the place. I wanted to maintain a Sesame Street kind of feel to it. I found this in one blog where they celebrated their son's 1st birthday. I think I will make something like this too.

This should be the first thing that the guests will see upon entering the house. If it will be done on the terrace it would be much better. I can post this in the living area when they get in.

For the Buffet Table, I made labels for the food so they would know what they are getting. Here is a sample of what I made. I will print it out and stick it into a styro board, cut it and use something heavy as a stand, wood or thick plastic.

I used the same template in one of the birthday banners. But I think I prefer to use it for the food labels.

And then on the dessert table I also want to put all kinds of blue candies and pastries in a clear jar. Something like this.


I found these in the website called Coolest Parties. There are printable stuff that I can use for the party too.

These are place cards for the table. I am not sure if I will use this for that purpose, though, since there are only 30 people. But I can use it to place instructions for the centerpiece.


For the centerpiece, I will put either a bowl or a jar with cookies on it. Something like this.



I can probably find jars like this in Divisoria. I will buy around 3 or 4 and fill them up with cookies. I like the idea of the label on the jars to. Here's my cookie jar tag:

So instead of the guests munching on peanuts while waiting for dinner to commence, they can munch on the cookies.

Next, for the utensils to be used when eating I have decided to look for blue table napkins, paper plates, paper cups and cutlery. I will go to Divisoria and scour the area for these by next month. It should be something like this.

I am still wondering if I need to put in googly eyes on the glass and put in a make shift Cookie Monster mouth, but it might look too kiddie already.

*LOL*

And of course, I will order blue balloons. Around 30 pieces of helium balloons. One really big one so he can write his wish in a paper and tie it with the balloon and we will let it fly to heaven together.

*smiles*

No comments:

Post a Comment